Sunday, May 24, 2009


My neighbor gave me this sewing machine. I am really excited about using it, unfortunately, I have never used a sewing machine in my entire life. I haven't the foggiest idea how to operate one. I am going to learn now, though.


I don't know what all these stiches are used for, and they look a bit intimidating. To tell the truth, I don't even know how to turn this thing on. I should probably start by ordering the manual.


I am excited about all the things I could make: clothes for my daughter and me, stuffed animals, things for the house. I can make some really creative things.

I think I should start out slowly and make my first projects something simple. Maybe something like .....

2 comments:

  1. Do you think it would be too much trouble if I could have a matching dress?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in the same boat with you. Just opened a sewing machine I received as a gift more than 3 years ago. I did not even know how to thread it. Mom-in-law showed me and my daughter, but that was several months ago. Oh I how long to just know how to sew!
    On the other hand I think I know who the painting above is of and the artist who did it!
    (Marie Antoinette by Elizabeth Vigee-LeBrun?)
    Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete