Thursday, September 17, 2009

Urban fowl


While visiting Shelburne Farms, in Vermont, we fell in love (again) with the idea of keeping chickens. We live in a city and this presents a challenge. But if you know me, then you know I love a good challenge. Our urban fowl and organic eggs are getting closer and closer to becoming a reality. I found these pictures from Shelburne today and it reminded me what we are heading towards.

I've read the book Keep Chickens! Tending small flocks in cities, suburbs, and other small spaces in preparation for our new additions to the family. It is a great book!



1 comment:

  1. What a great idea, the boys must be hopping from one foot to the other. When were you in Vermont? One of my favourite melodies is Moonlight in Vermont I think it's because my parents used to dance to it.

    ReplyDelete